The Resonance Report 2013: U.S. Affluent Travel and Leisure
The Resonance Report is a biennial study of the travel and leisure habits of affluent American households by Resonance Consultancy, a leading global travel and tourism consulting firm that monitors travel and leisure trends. The study, conducted in conjunction with the Luxury Institute in New York, surveys more than 1,200 individuals from households with incomes of $150,000 and higher every two years to measure their travel and leisure preferences and aspirations. These affluent households account for almost a third of all domestic spending on lodging and air travel, according to recent estimates in the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics’ Consumer Expenditures Survey.
Key Findings of the Resonance Report include:
- Affluent American households take an average of 3 vacations a year averaging 6 days in length.
- Ritz Carlton is the #1 hotel brand of choice for high net worth households ($1MM+) on vacation
- Marriott is the most frequented hotel brand of affluent households
- New York City is the most popular U.S. vacation destination, followed by Las Vegas and San Francisco
- The Bahamas is the most visited island destination, followed by Puerto Rico and Jamaica and Turks & Caicos is the #1 destination affluent households aspire to visit
- Italy is the #1 overseas vacation destination for affluent households followed by the U.K. and France.
- Wine country tours and luxury cruises are the most desired type of vacation experiences
- Affluent owners of vacation properties use them an average of 5 weeks per year.
- Affluent consumers are willing to spend an average of $650,000 on their next vacation property
Get your copy!
To learn more about the latest trends in U.S. Affluent Travel & Leisure, download your free copy of the Resonance Report and receive our monthly newsletter on travel & tourism trends, insights and ideas from around the world.
* By supplying us with your information, you grant us permission to contact you on an ongoing basis with monthly Resonance Report newsletters and whitepapers. All subscriber data is stored securely and we do NOT share subscriber information with third parties. At any time you may unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email. We look forward to being a valuable source of information to you.